Headquarters: United States
StarterCookie is a brand-new start-up looking for a ‘Head of Online Marketing’ to grow with us from the ground up.
We consider ourselves a pioneering online business that values entrepreneurial spirit, effective communication, and a culture of innovation.
StarterCookie is a membership site dedicated to empowering online entrepreneurs in effectively growing and developing their businesses. With a strong focus on fostering community interactions and providing comprehensive training videos, we strive to equip entrepreneurs with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed in the digital age.
You love online marketing and possess exceptional skills in crafting compelling copy for emails, social media, and landing pages. Your extensive online experience is backed by a remarkable track record filled with numerous impressive examples to showcase your expertise.
You also have a strong background in working with entrepreneurs and can empathize with the complexity of building an online business in the digital age.
You love working in teams and collaborating with other brilliant minds, you are a take-charge type of personality, outgoing and passionate.
Your experience in front of the camera is valuable. You will be responsible for hosting online events within the membership site, creating training videos, collaborating with our social team to produce engaging reels, and more. Your comfort in these various roles is vital.
- Type: Remote
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM EST
- Lead the development and execution of targeted marketing strategies, with a particular focus on small entrepreneurial businesses.
- Write all the copy for landing pages, emails, social, etc…
- Host online events within our membership site with an emphasis on marketing
- Record video content with the emphasis on marketing ofr the membership site ans social media.
- Utilize data analytics to assess the success of strategies implemented
- Strategize and oversee robust marketing automation and email marketing campaigns
- Identify and capitalize on new business growth opportunities, leveraging your strong background in this area.
- Mentor and build a team with skills in addressing the unique challenges of small entrepreneurial business marketing: timeline-within one year.
- Increase in customer acquisition and retention metrics.
- ROI of implemented marketing campaigns.
- Expansion of brand reach and engagement.
- Reports directly to the CEO and COO.
- Initial lone role with the aim of building a team within one year.
- A degree in Marketing (nice, but not necessary)
- A minimum of 5 years in a marketing role, preferably within small online businesses.
- Proficiency in Asana for project management and Slack for team communication.
- Expertise in email marketing and automation tools.
- Strong history of being in front of a camera
Please record a short video of yourself and tell us a little about yourself and drop the link to the video in the attached questions.
Because we’re a bootstrapped start-up, the salary will start lower than the industry standard. We’re offering $70,000 USD per year, and on a contractor basis to begin with.
BUT… this position does come with equity in the company in the form of phantom shares/profit shares that will convert over to stock options in the future. It’ll be in writing and part of the employment contract.
The value of the equity will depend on your experience, but it is generous. You’ll receive the profit share as a bonus at the end of each year.
It’s our full intention to offer benefits once the company has moved out of the start-up phase and into the profit stage.
It is also our intention that once we hit the profit phase, we’ll adjust your salaries back up to industry standards. We believe with a strong Head of Marketing, we’ll hit the profit stage within the first year or less.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/colette-baron-reid-head-of-online-marketing